Wednesday, August 3 2022 Open House details
Time: 9am to 11am
Location: 279 Walnut ave, Palme Lake, CO 80133
Program schedule and hours might be affected by COVID-19 related regulations by the State of Colorado.
Our Colorado Springs program is a year-around nature immersion homeschool enrichment program for children, where we hike and explore outdoors the entire length of the program in all weather.
During program hours children do a hike, play at a creek, explore, do a nature lesson and rock climb.
Our nature lessons are aimed at educating the children about the natural world around them, as we believe that understanding brings about both safety in the outdoors, and appreciation of all the majestic creatures sharing the world with us. To see some of our learning topics of the past years check out our blog.
Currently this program is offered to the children for 6 and up years old.
Program is available on:
Hours: 8:45am to 1:15pm.
On the other days our program is offered at our Palmer Lake location.
Requirements for participation:
- Child has to be fully potty trained. We understand occasional accidents may happen.
- Chil should be comfortable hiking and caring a backpack with their water bottle, snack and a backup set of clothes.
- Appropriate outdoor gear — nothing fancy, but good backpack that stays on, good comfortable shoes and seasonally-appropriate gear.
- A child should be ready to follow our safety rules and rules of mutual respect.
- Hike (3-4 hours) with plentiful breaks for snack, rest, climbing and exploring.
- Nature lesson. Our nature lessons are about 15-30 minutes, some done on an individual basis and some as a group.
- Free play alternating with group games and short nature-based learning blocks.
In addition to our hikes and free play in the mountains we also hold bi-weekly rock climbing classes for children. The rock climbing classes are available as a part of our forest school program. Rock climbing is lead by professional certified rock climbing guides from Front Range Climbing company.
See what we do
Probably the best way to see what we do during our program is to follow us on Instagram, where we share photos almost daily. And also our blog, where we share photos from recent events at the forest school as well as our learning activities.
To enroll your child please fill out our Enrollment Request form.