We offer Pre-K nature program located within 30 minutes from Colorado Springs downtown area. As we own a property that is used as a school house, this program offers both nature immersion and on-site activities such as arts and crafts.
Please scroll down for details.
Location (outdoors + indoors)
Our Pre-K nature program takes place in Palmer Lake. Palmer Lake is located within 25-30 minutes drive from Briargate, Rockrimmon, Cordera or Wolf Ranch areas. And it is also great location for folks living in Monument, Larkspur and Perry Park.
Our program owns a beautiful property in the Glen area of Palmer Lake, right next to Glen Park and Reservoir trailhead. At this location we offer both a Pre-K (2.5-5 years old) and mix-aged (3 years old and up) programs. This page is dedicated to Pre-K program only. To learn about our mix-aged program see our Homeschool Enrichment page.
Our school house building is used solely for program’s purpose and it isn’t anyone’s residence.
Days and hours of operation
You are welcome to enroll your child for any number of days best suitable for your family’s needs.
For 2022-2023 school year the Pre-K nature program is available on:
- Tuesdays, 9:20am-1:30pm
- Wednesday, 9:20am-1:30pm
- Every other Friday, 9:20am-1:30pm
- Free play at the school house property (mud kitchen, sand box, mud pit, ball games, etc.)
- Nature walk (on the surrounding trails outside the property)
- Free play / one-on-one time
- Clean up
Our education principles
The core principles and development emphasis for our Pre-K nature program are:
- Free play and outdoor time
- Gross motor skills and development
- Fine motor skills
- Science, nature appreciate and outdoor safety
- Sensory play
- Language and literacy through stories and games
- Mathematics through outdoor activities and games
See our Pre-K curriculum linked below for details on how we approach the above.
Fall 2022 curriculum
please click on this link to see our 2022-2023 year Pre-K curriculum.